- I actually considered (for a moment) not doing these anymore. For a variety of reasons. Mostly because I’m trying to say “no” more. I’m trying to lighten the load.
But then I went back and read some FFT’s from years ago, and realized if I didn’t do these, I wouldn’t have such an insight into the “have beens” and the “where I wanted to be’s”
So, it goes on….even if it’s a few days late.
– I’m finding myself being awful reflective this week. Maybe it was the time spent out of Beloit and by my lonesome up north. Gave me some time to think.
I’ve been VERY stressed lately. More than normal. Running two businesses will do that to ya. Unruly children will do that to ya. Lack of sleep, upcoming surgeries and big trips. Pile it on, World….seriously.
All I kept repeating to myself was “something has to give”….and I realized that some of the things that were renting space in my head: negative interactions…lack of perspective on the “big picture”…pointless nonsense….were no longer worth my time. I’ve lost patience for needless drama.
I started by saying “No” and I’m growing to saying “No more”. No is hard for me. I’m a people pleaser….but sometimes I just have no more to give. I am a workaholic. Yes. But that doesn’t mean I can’t just say “stop” every once in awhile.
– Wrote out all the in’s and out’s of my NYC trip this week. I CANNOT WAIT. I’m seriously counting down the days. I’ve come to realize that I’m pretty comfortable as an introvert in many cases….so 4 days in the big city with just myself sounds like heaven, honestly.
I’ve got my tickets for the 9/11 museum and I’ll be visiting several record stores as well (Rough Trade is high on the list).
– Another shooting in Beloit this past weekend. I don’t even want to ADDRESS this crap anymore. I just feel, good intentions aside, all the peace rallies and concerts and after-school clubs in the world are not going to help the prevalence of stupid that is infecting some of our younger generation. I just shake my head and think what is WRONG with people?
Have you seen Idiocracy? I feel like this movie is becoming more of a documentary day by day.
It’s my city. I live here, work here, own businesses here, raise my kids here. If you can’t get your collective shit together (excuse the language, but DUDE) then move elsewhere. People are trying to thrive.
Just know, if you are on the outside looking in, that the actions of a few nitwits doesn’t DEFINE our city as a whole. We are a city of entrepreneurs, success makers, artists, strong families….much like any other city. The actions of a few can tarnish the successes of many, but I plead with folks not to allow that. Just get out there and do your thing.
– On to more positive topics: TATTOO TIME. It’s nearly here, I’m pretty jazzed! Even with the impending pain, I’m sure it’s going to turn out fabulously.
– I ate terribly this weekend away.
Fast food, soda, junk….it’s showing. Sigh….again, something’s gotta give.
– Was slightly happier with this week’s Doctor Who. Husband still feels his Scottish accent is too strong and can barely understand him. I wish I could figure out the direction they’re trying to take….but I need to be patient.
– This week? All over the MAP….off to Milwaukee tomorrow to meet with a couple and shoot a mini-session for them. Seniors, heading off to see Les Miserables with my mother-in-law (CAN’T WAIT GONNA BE AWESOMESAUCE!!!!)….another wedding to cap of the week.
– Took the girls to the pumpkin patch today. We needed to do something as a family, as it’s just been go go go Reseburgs all month.
So, I actually took some pictures of them with the big girl camera. Surprise surprise!
Who: The Sossamans
Where: Private Family Home
Who: Logan ~ Class of 2015 ~ Beloit Memorial High School
Where: Type A Studio
Who: Andres ~ Class of 2015 ~ Beloit Memorial High School
Where: Type A Studio
© Type A Images Photography